Move to Netherlands

Childcare Benefit

The Childcare Act (Wet Kinderopvang) imposes that the State, the parents and the employer pay together for the cost of childcare. The Tax Office pays out the State component i.e. the childcare benefit to the parents.

The amount of the childcare benefit (kinderopvangtoeslag) depends on:

  • The composition of the household;
  • The type of childcare;
  • The childcare expenses;
  • The level of income.

To be entitled for childcare benefit, whether single or cohabitating, you and if applicable your partner as well, need to work or study. An exception is made for those who do not work but participate in a reintegration counseling project through UWV (Uitvoeringsinstituut Werknemersverzekeringen) or the Municipality. Furthermore the concerning child must go to a registered day care center.

You can apply online at: Ik wil kinderopvantoeslag aanvragen

(Visited 485 time, 1 visit today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *