Move to Netherlands

Temporary stay (MVV)

You need to apply for an authorization for temporary stay (MVV) at a Dutch Embassy in either your country of origin or your current residing country where you have a permit to stay for more than 3 months. In order to be eligible to apply for an MVV, you must have a sponsor in the Netherlands. The sponsor could be your future employer, a person or organization who will finance your temporary stay in the Netherlands.

Before applying for an MVV you sponsor must apply for a recommendation at the IND for the MVV, in which case you will know in advance whether your temporary stay MVV application will be granted or not.

Who needs a MVV?

Persons who do not have the following mentioned nationalities require an MVV:

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the United States of America, Vatican City or if you have a Dutch residence permit.

Requirements for an MVV:

  • valid passport
  • no criminal record
  • sufficient financial means of support
  • health insurance
  • you are prepared to undergo a tuberculosis test
  • you need to fulfill the requirements regarding your purpose of stay
(Visited 516 time, 1 visit today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *