Move to Netherlands

Registering with the IND

If you have an EU, EEA or Swiss nationality and have stayed or wish to stay for more than three months in the Netherlands, then you need to register with the IND. Although there are no immediate consequences for those who do not register, the registration certificate will enable you to prove that your stay in the Netherlands is lawful and you may need it when applying for social security benefits, student grants or loans.Nationals of Bulgaria and Romania have to apply for a proof of lawful residence with the IND. The application can be downloaded from the website of IND. 

Please note that in order to be able to register with the IND, you must first be registered with the Municipal Administration (GBA) of the municipality where you are staying. 

You need to call the IND on 09001234561 and make an appointment. During the phone call you will be asked what is the reason of your stay in the Netherlands. An appointment will be made for you at the IND office closest to your address. A confirmation letter including a registration form which you need to fill out will be sent to your home address stating the documents you must bring with you to the appointment. A proof of health insurance is required.

(Visited 1,719 time, 1 visit today)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *